Deciding to head overseas for postgrad studies in the UK or elsewhere is a big decision. One huge advantage is that many MA or MSc degrees there can be completed in just one year, however, it is still a significant commitment in terms of time and finances. With so many options available, how do you go about making the right decision when choosing an Education Consultant to help you decide on a program and guide you through the application process? Here’s some advice from the experts at Barclay Educational Services on the Top Ten Things to Ask.
- How long have they been in the business? Make sure they have enough experience to help you avoid the pitfalls which are common to students applying for the first time.
- Do they have a physical office that you can visit if there is a problem? This is an indication of permanence and professionalism. If a situation arises where you need some help, can you be sure your consultant will still be around to solve the problem?
- What is the quality of the universities that the agency partners with? Good agents will not accept just any university as a partner and avoids sending students to those with a reputation for lacking quality in teaching or research or not providing proper student support.
- Do the consultants regularly make IN PERSON visits to the universities that they recommend? Good agents keep up to date on the changes made to programmes, campus facilities, amenities and even the nearby towns.
- What do other students and parents have to say about the Service? Investigate whether they have had a good experience using the Consultant and are confident in recommending it to others.
- Does the Consultant have regular and direct contact with the International Officers from overseas universities to keep up to date on any new programs, issues or problems?
- Does the Consultant prioritize the BEST MATCH for the student when assessing universities and program suitability rather than just filling a numbers quota for referrals?
- Does the Consultant give assistance throughout the ENTIRE application process including help with all the necessary documents needed, as well as the Student Visa if one is required?
- Does the Consultant have a vast array of experience at the high school as well as the college level so they can be sure that the courses they are recommending are a good fit with previous education?
- Does the Consultant regularly upgrade their skills by attending workshops, institutes, or conferences?
Barclay Educational Services has a proud history of helping students with private guidance counselling in high school as well as assistance with a personalized education plan for both undergrad and post-grad studies. Our office is situated in Hamilton, Ontario’s well-known McMaster Innovation Park, with easy access to the highway and downtown. Barclay boasts strong relationships with all of our overseas university partners and is in direct contact with their International Officers to facilitate a positive student experience. In addition we regularly visit the campuses to make sure we are familiar with where we are sending our students. Barclay’s team also has a combined experience of more than thirty years in both the high school and college environment and regularly updates their skills at conferences and workshops. Please contact us today to book an appointment so that we can help you formulate the perfect pathway to your future goals. Email Jackie: JSB@barclayedu.com or call (905) 632-0999