This MSc Product Design at the University of Dundee is a 12 month full-time program which will launch your career in the fast moving world of creative technology.
- Students will learn to make highly resolved product prototypes challenging how people and society interact with creative technologies. You will learn to implement these skills in a variety of product areas from jewellery design to medical devices.
- Students will be able to interact and co-create with others, enabling you to become leaders in helping industry and society.
- Students will engage with the tools and techniques for embedding cutting-edge technology into products
- The program features an internationally leading educational environment ensuring a market readiness and entrepreneurship at the highest level
- Students will be exposed to new perspectives and frameworks on problem-finding/solving, prototyping, design thinking and making, drawing upon an integral theoretical approach
Key to the philosophy of the MSc Product Design program is a research driven and interdisciplinary approach to learning and teaching. Specifically, students are taught modules in both design and technology. Where possible, students will also collaborate with internal research scholars and groups, as well as external organizations and practitioners. Developing the research potential and impact of our postgraduate students is integral to our vision for research. As such, guidance is given for those who wish to continue to MPhil and PhD.
- Watch the video below to find out more about studying at Dundee in this program.
Methods of Learning
Teaching will be delivered through lectures, workshops, practical work and e-learning materials. Typically, teaching will happen in the studio, where staff and students will work together on specific issues and problems. Students will drive their learning through effective interaction with tutors, peers and others. In addition, academic support and guidance will be provided through regular group tutorials and individual drop-in appointments.
Interested in applying to this innovative postgraduate program at the University of Dundee which will give you the skills to work in this rapidly expanding profession? If you are applying from Canada, contact Barclay Educational at JSB@barclayedu.com Barclay Educational is a recognized Canadian agent of the University of Dundee which means there is NO COST to students for our assistance. The University pays our fee.