Welcome to this one of a kind program in Scotland with this postgraduate (MSc) in Music Therapy. Channel your musical talents into helping people as you study at Queen Margaret University to become a Musical Therapist in two years.
This program will combine your love of music with your genuine desire to help people with a wide range of needs? The MSc Music Therapy will help you turn both of these interests into a rewarding career.
Music therapy is an established clinical intervention which is used to help people whose lives have been affected by injury, illness or disability.
Students interested in applying should have musical skills as well as a minimum of one year of experience of working in a caring profession, such as psychiatry, education, social services or the volunteer sector.
The MSc Music Therapy Program includes the following areas:
- Therapeutic musical skills, with an emphasis on improvisation, interaction and application in a therapeutic context
- Psychological, developmental, and music therapy theories
- Different client groups and contexts
- Observation and critical thinking skills
- Professional issues, such as ethics and multi-disciplinary working
- Research, assessment and service evaluation.
Are you interested in finding out more about this program? Would you like to apply from Canada? Please contact QMU’s Canadian agent Barclay Educational Services at JSB@barclayedu.com
Please Note: Applications are being accepted for 2020 however, start dates could change due to COVID-19. Also, the MSc Music Therapy is due for re-validation around April/ May 2020 which will likely result in some changes to the course. Updates will be posted here when available.